What is a field engineer?
A field engineer is the technical bridge between our customers and Swagelok.
The focus is to help our customers understand Swagelok products and services by providing technical expertise through a sound understanding of your applications. The main objectives for our field engineer are to:
- Provide local technical expertise
- Support and troubleshoot installations
- Perform Evaluation and Advisory Services
- Provide training
- Recognize, design, and recommend system improvements
How can I be utilized?
- Assist with design and projects - I can assist with proper component selection and can procure, build, inspect and test your assembly. This is part of our custom solutions service.
- Increase your technical competency - I can come to your workplace and deliver informal technical talks on a variety of topics.
- Help with challenging applications – I know our products and I know applications. Collaborate with us on your challenging applications and we can help come up with a solution together.
Meet our Local Field Engineer, Brian Misutka
Brian studied Electrical Engineering at The Ohio State University where he graduated in 2009. He began working for Swagelok as a design engineer working on a team who successfully launched many electro-mechanical products. After four years of design he transitioned to technical service supporting Swagelok tools and equipment including the Swagelok Welding System and accessories. He then became a field engineer supporting the eastern region of the US. In August 2017, Brian transitioned from corporate to the Swagelok North Carolina | East Tennessee distributorship where he is a field engineer and manages the fabrication shop.
Technical knowledge is an essential element of your success, so bring us your toughest challenges, and we'll answer them with our best.