Common Failure: Temperature
How do I know that my gauge is failing due to elevated temperatures?
- Breakdown of the gauge components
- Discolored dial or liquid case fill
What causes temperature failure in my gauge?
Failure due to temperature can be caused by several things. When looking at your system, consider these:
- Is your gauge mounted correctly?
- Is your gauge located too close to system media or accessories?
- Have you selected the wrong type of gauge? A Bourdon tube system gauge may not be the best fit for your application
- Elevated temperature stresses the pressure system an affects measurement accuracy
- System media will release into the environment resulting in potential injury and lost system media
Select a gauge with a different temperature range to accommodate the possible range the system will see. For high temperature applications choose a diaphragm seal solution in a non-316 stainless steel alloy.
Download our Pressure Gauge Catalog for information on our product offering.