Common Failure: Improper Use or Mishandling
How do I know that my gauge is has been mishandled?
- A cracked or missing window
- Leaking case fill
- Missing back plates or fill plugs
- Heavy external build-up on case
What leads to improper use or mishandling of gauges?
Improperly used or mishandling of a gauge can be caused by several things. When looking at your system, consider the following:
- Is there a maintenance program for maintaining gauges?
- Was any training received for maintenance of gauge?
- Is the gauge in a location that is susceptible to damage?
Accelerated degradation and corrosion of the internal gauge components will affect the performance of the gauge
- Establish a program to replace failed gauges
- Increase the amount and depth of training on gauge maintenance.
- Select a more durable gauge to better withstand a longer service time.
- For applications with heavy build-up, use a gauge cover to protect the gauge.
- Evaluate system design to relocate the gauge.
Download our Pressure Gauge Catalog for information on our product offering.