As this situation evolves, we plan to update this page regularly to provide the most up to date information on the actions we are taking to protect the health and well-being of our associates, our customers, our operations, and our communities. Please check back often.
Update: March 23, 2020
To our Valued Customers:
Swagelok North Carolina | East Tennessee continues to monitor the ongoing developments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Many governments around the world are closing businesses that are deemed "non-essential" to combat the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) within the Department of Homeland Security released guidelines on the identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure.
Swagelok is engaged in "Critical Manufacturing" as defined in these guidelines. Swagelok North Carolina | East Tennessee provides the materials and products needed in many of the following industries that are listed: "medical supply chains, transportation, energy, communications, food and agriculture, chemical manufacturing, nuclear facilities, the operation of dams, water and wastewater treatment, emergency services, and the defense industrial base."
Accordingly, Swagelok will continue production, with increased focus when possible on any efforts that directly contribute to fighting this global pandemic. Locally, Swagelok North Carolina | East Tennessee will continue to take all steps necessary to maintain operations so we can support the critical work our customers are doing. We have a crisis management team that meets daily to monitor updates from public health officials, and continuously make improvements to our response program.
We will continue to prioritize the health of our associates at work by enforcing additional social distancing measures and continuing our increased cleaning, and associate self-checks to ensure that those who have possible exposure do not report to work. Members of our team working remotely continue to remain fully operational with the same capabilities and access to information to help you.
These are, without a doubt, historically challenging times but we look forward to our continued partnership and collaboration. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your continued support.
Update Published March 19, 2020:
Like you, we are continuously monitoring developments regarding the virus and share your concerns about its spread and impact.
We want you to know that Swagelok North Carolina | East Tennessee is prepared to continue serving you at the highest levels possible during this challenging time.
To ensure we remain operational and able to meet your needs, we are adhering to recommendations and guidelines from the CDC. Most of our office associates, including our customer service team, are working remotely and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Rest assured you should feel no impact as you can still reach our team by calling any one of our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. While remote, we have the same capabilities and access to information to help you.
Our shipping/receiving and fabrication team remain in the office dedicated to getting orders out the door to fulfill your needs with no anticipated delays.
Additionally, to protect the health and well-being of both our team members and yours, we have made some changes to customer-facing interactions:
- Customer Pickup/Walk-Ins: We are no longer allowing customers or visitors in our facilities to limit exposure to our team. If you need to pick up an order, we ask that you place the order via phone or email then call in advance to let our team know you are on the way. We have established a pickup area outside each office where your order will be placed.
- Onsite Visits: While we value face-to-face interaction with our customers, key account managers are encouraged to use virtual communication. Our team is available virtually via phone, email, Microsoft Teams, and text communication. If you have seen a reduced presence onsite, know that is to limit potential exposure and we will resume regular visits once the risk of transmission is lowered. If you would like to schedule a virtual call or need technical assistance, please let us know.
- Vendor Managed Inventories: We continue to check Vendor Managed Inventories, however, please note that this activity may be discontinued as the situation evolves or if you have specifically requested us to stop the service temporarily. Our team would be happy to work with you on increasing stock levels for risk mitigation to ensure you have the product you need on-hand.
We also recognize you may have concerns about supply chain. As of now all Swagelok manufacturing plants are operational. Swagelok remains committed to maintaining the flow of products and services and mitigating potential business through a rigorous risk mitigation program as well as a comprehensive supply chain program that addresses unplanned disruptions. As a result, they have restricted business travel, enhanced the personal hygiene resources available to associates, canceled large group meetings, completed supplier assessments to understand long-term supply chain risks, and provided personal travel guidance for all associates.
Although we do not anticipate supply chain disruptions, we are encouraging customers to review current inventory levels and make the necessary arrangements to ensure business continuity as it relates to projected product demand.
While some methods of communication and processes are changing, the one thing that remains unchanged is our commitment to providing exceptional service delivered by a team of professionals who view themselves as an extension of your team and are dedicated to your success. Thank you for your continued support and trust in our company.
Update Published March 16, 2020:
Customer Pickup/Walk-Ins: Due to the escalating outbreak of COVID-19, we are limiting walk-ins to our facilities. Please utilize phone or email to place your orders for delivery. If you order must be picked up, call in advance to let our team know you are on the way and we will arrange to have your order ready outside upon arrival.
All other updates below remain in effect.
Update Published March 12, 2020:
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, with the World Health Organization declaring it a global pandemic, we are closely monitoring the outbreak and possible impacts on our associates, our customers, our operations, and our communities. Guided by our core values, we have and will continue to take actions that protect the health and well-being of our associates and yours which is our number one concern.
Internally, we are increasing the depth of our daily sanitizing of common areas, encouraging associates to wash hands regularly and stay home if they are sick or returning from an area identified as a coronavirus-related risk, as well as discouraging handshakes or unnecessary personal contact.
We are committed to remaining open to ensure we can support our customers as needs arise and are working to identify contingency plans to service our customers should a number of associates have to work remotely.
Out of the abundance of caution, below is a summary of the immediate actions Swagelok North Carolina | East Tennessee is taking to prepare. We will continue to monitor the situation and inform you of any changes as they arise.
• Onsite Visits: We have encouraged our key account managers to use virtual communication when possible. You may start seeing a reduced presence onsite to limit potential exposure, but please know we will resume regular visits once the risk of transmission is lowered. Rest assured our team is available virtually via phone, email, Microsoft Teams, and text communication.
• If your company is restricting site access, please respond to let us know so we can determine how to best support your needs virtually.
• Vendor Managed Inventories: As of now, we will continue to check Vendor Managed Inventories. However please note that at any time we may discontinue this activity for the foreseeable future. To prepare, our team would be happy to work with you on increasing stock levels for risk mitigation to ensure you have the product you need on-hand.
• Again, If your company is restricting site access, please respond to let us know so we can determine a plan to ensure your inventory has appropriate stock levels.
• Customer Pickup/Walk-Ins: We ask that customers please limit visits to our offices for pickup or walk-in orders. Our Customer Service team is happy to assist with orders via phone or email and can get those shipped directly to you.
We understand these precautions may impact the way our companies interact over the coming months, but we can’t emphasize enough that our main focus is the health of our associates and our customers. We appreciate your patience and understanding, as this is a fluid situation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.